Here you will find detailed information and resources to help you write or broadcast stories about our stunning and secluded bed and breakfast in the Smoky Mountains, near Waynesville & Asheville, NC. Press trips are available for those on assignment in the areas of romantic travel, luxury travel, adventure, outdoor recreation, ‘green’ lodging, food, or historic categories. Please ensure that you read our media guidelines.
The Swag Country Inn offers luxurious accommodations, allowing guests a peaceful environment where they can rest, relax, and rejuvenate. Located on a secluded mountain top, our inn is a wonderful alternative to lodging in Asheville and an ideal destination for romantic getaways, weddings, corporate retreats, and much more.
Media Coverage & Awards
Hotel Standouts | Grand Awards 2018 | Andrew Harper – voted “Most Romantic”
Rural repose: Luxury cabin resort is like camp for adults
December 2017 – “My Statesman – from Austin-American Statesman”
Conde Nast Traveler 2017 Readers Choice Awards
October 2017 – “Top Resorts in the South”
October 2017 – “The Swag: A Luxury Mountain Paradise”
Smoky Mountain News
Points North Atlanta
April 2017 – “Heavenly Views”
April 2017 – “Take a Cruise with Oprah? Reservations, Please!”
April 2017 – “Americas Most Charming Inns”
September 2016 – “Trek & Table at The Swag”
June 2015 – “A Walk in the Park”
Conde Nast Traveler
- November 2011, ranks The Swag #5 among the United States Best Small Hotels and #92 on the “2011 Conde Nast Traveler Best in the World List”
August 2012 – “10 Most Charming American Inns”
Andrew Harper’s Hideaway Report
- October 2011 – One of the “Top 20 Hideaways.”
Member of Select Registry
For press visits to our Smoky Mountain inn we offer two options:
- With a confirmed assignment with a reputable press outlet, the inn offers courtesy accommodations during open season on weekdays. The Swag is open to the public from late April to November.
- Writers without assignments but with credentials (in the categories noted above) can inquire 30 days out for weekday availability.
- We are happy to supply high resolution images of our property for the media.
With either option, a travel companion with the invited press person can come without charge. Gift shop purchases are personal expenditures. Transportation to and from the inn is not included.
All press and their guests pay a 15% service charge based on the respective room rates.
For additional information please contact Marla Larson at (828) 926-0430 or (800) 789-7672 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
May all your travels be safe and delightful!