Saturday Snow With A Swag Bar
It’s a chilly day up here at 5,000 feet! We woke up to a nice dusting of snow this morning, and we wish you were all here to enjoy it with us! This is our second snow of the season, and it’s only October 29th! Can you believe it?
If you’re spending this fall Saturday at home, why not bring a little of The Swag to your kitchen? With this cold weather, the kitchen whipped us up some Swag bars this morning and we’re all enjoying them warm, right out of the oven! It’s the perfect way to get warm and enjoy this beautiful Saturday!
Join us, won’t you? These treats would even make for a huge hit at your Halloween party this weekend! Enjoy! Be sure to share pictures of your Swag bars with us!! Oh, and a nice cup of coffee makes them even better! We’ve included The Swag Bar recipe for you below!
1 cup white sugar
1 cup white corn syrup
2 cups creamy peanut butter
6 cups crushed corn flakes
1 – 8 oz. package of semi-sweet chocolate chips (or milk chocolate chips)
- Combine white sugar, white corn syrup and peanut butter in large heavy pan.
- Heat over medium heat, bringing almost to a boil, stirring constantly
- Remove from stove
- Add crushed corn flakes
- Mix well together
- Press into lightly greased/sprayed pan (9×13)
- Spread chocolate chips over the top and place in a warm (250 degree) oven
(just long enough to allow the chips to melt)
- Using a spatula, spread the melted chocolate evenly as a topping
- Score into bars while still hot as they are difficult to cut when cool
Swag Bars can be wrapped individually and can be stored in the freezer. They are best served warm or at room temperature.