Here you will find detailed information and resources to help you write or broadcast stories about our stunning and secluded bed and breakfast in the Smoky Mountains, near Waynesville & Asheville, NC. Press trips are available for those on assignment in the areas of romantic travel, luxury travel, adventure, outdoor recreation, ‘green’ lodging, food, or historic categories. Please ensure that you read our media guidelines.
The Swag Country Inn offers luxurious accommodations, allowing guests a peaceful environment where they can rest, relax, and rejuvenate. Located on a secluded mountain top, our inn is a wonderful alternative to lodging in Asheville and an ideal destination for romantic getaways, weddings, corporate retreats, and much more.
Media Coverage & Awards
National Geographic Adventure
June/July 2009 – “Mountains of the Blue Mist”
National Geographic Traveler
April 2009 – “129 Hotels We Love”
Conde Nast Traveler
- November 2011, ranks The Swag #5 among the United States Best Small Hotels and #92 on the “2011 Conde Nast Traveler Best in the World List”
- November 2009, ranks The Swag #2 among the United States Best Small Hotels and #72 on the “2009 Conde Nast Traveler Best in the World List”
- January 2009 – “2009 Conde Nast Traveler Gold List“
- November 2008 – “100 best hotels in America“
- Jan 2006, selected The Swag for the 12th annual “Conde Nast Gold List” as one of the world’s best places to stay.
- November 2005, ranks The Swag at 34th among the Top 75 hotels in the United States.
August 2012 – “10 Most Charming American Inns”
August 2008 & 2012 – “Smokies resorts offer mountains of fun, luxury”
July 2008 – “A Rustic Must”
Atlanta Journal Constitution
May 2008 – “The Swag, in Waynesville NC shows nature at its finest”
New York Post
November 8, 2005, selected The Swag among 10 small inns worldwide for “sophisticated amenities and uncompromised privacy.”
2005 – Listed in Zagat’s Top U.S. Hotels, Resorts and Spas
The Discerning Traveler
January/February 2005 – One of 12 “Romantic Hideways for 2005”
Andrew Harper’s Hideaway Report
- October 2011 – One of the “Top 20 Hideaways.”
- January 2005 – One of three “Memorable Retreats in Virginia, Tennessee and North Carolina.”
Gourmet Diners Society of North Carolina
- 2005 – Golden Fork Award
- 2005 – Country Inn Restaurant of Distinction
Knight Ridder/Tribune Information
November 2004 – Selected as one of 10 distinctive small hotels worldwide
Member of Select Registry
Member of Classic Inns of the South
For press visits to our Smoky Mountain inn we offer two options:
- With a confirmed assignment with a reputable press outlet, the inn offers courtesy accommodations during open season on weekdays. The Swag is open to the public from late April to November.
- Writers without assignments but with credentials (in the categories noted above) can inquire 30 days out for weekday availability.
- We are happy to supply high resolution images of our property for the media.
With either option, a travel companion with the invited press person can come without charge. Gift shop purchases are personal expenditures. Transportation to and from the inn is not included.
All press and their guests pay a 15% service charge based on the respective room rates.
For additional information please contact Marla Larson at (828) 926-0430 or (800) 789-7672 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
May all your travels be safe and delightful!