1 cup white sugar
1 cup white corn syrup
2 cups creamy peanut butter
6 cups crushed corn flakes
1 – 8 oz. package of semi-sweet chocolate chips (or milk chocolate chips)
- Combine white sugar, white corn syrup and peanut butter in large heavy pan.
- Heat over medium heat, bringing almost to a boil, stirring constantly
- Remove from stove
- Add crushed corn flakes
- Mix well together
- Press into lightly greased/sprayed pan (9×13)
- Spread chocolate chips over the top and place in a warm (250 degree) oven
(just long enough to allow the chips to melt)
- Using a spatula, spread the melted chocolate evenly as a topping
- Score into bars while still hot as they are difficult to cut when cool
Swag Bars can be wrapped individually and can be stored in the freezer. They are best served warm or at room temperature.