Activities & Special Events
Rest, relaxation, and rejuvenation are what our North Carolina Mountain vacation resort is all about, so you don't have to do anything if you don't want to!
That said, there are many fun and interesting things to do on your Asheville, North Carolina vacation, both on and off our secluded mountain escape:
- Expand your horizons at special events, making things in hands-on workshops or participating in sessions led by renowned authors and naturalists. Check out our Special Events Calendar.
- Delight in garden fresh meals (comfort food with a twist)
- Soak your sore hiking muscles in the outdoor hot tub
- Relax in our redwood sauna
- Take a romantic stroll past our small pond
- Sing songs, traditional and popular, with the help of our player piano
- Read, eat a picnic lunch, or just plain sit and think in one of five hideaways scattered throughout the property
- Laze in a hammock that's built for two
- Sit on our front porch and watch the hummingbirds
- Play badminton on a court nestled in rhododendron that's next to our pond
- Play croquet while enjoying the fifty mile view
- Play racquetball on our regulation underground court
- Hike on The Swag's two-mile Nature Trail or in Great Smoky Mountains National Park's extensive system of trails
- Climb into the tree house for a romantic picnic lunch
- Take a day trip to Asheville, where you can visit historic Biltmore Estate and the Grove Park Inn.